Dr. Jen wrote on:17 alpha hydroxyprogesterone 17OP aluminum cerebral palsy congenital heart defect congenital heart disease disability eating disorder fine motor skill fine motor skills flu going home hands health insurance hypotonia influenza KV Pharmaceuticals losing a baby Makena March of Dimes medicaid NEC NICU omega-3 OT perseverance pertussis Play-Doh preeclampsia preemie progesterone RediWhip RSV running safety stress Synagis Tae Kwon Do tests Thanksgiving turkey vaccine vaccines whooping cough writing
- Preventing prematurity: the importance of getting screened for Chlamydia
- Ther-Rx skips ACOG: the people have spoken. But can we do more?
- What does replacing the word retarded with intellectual disability accomplish?
- Cigna’s automatic denials: asshattery in action
- ACOG’s double standard on Makena: denouncing Ther-Rx but taking advertising dollars
Tag Archives: progesterone
I just returned from the annual conference of the American Congress of OB/GYN in Washington, DC. The first thing I did when I hit the exhibit hall was look for Ther-Rx and their display booth for Makena. I wanted to … Continue reading
Preemie message boards are all fired up by KV Pharmaceutical’s pricing of 17 Alpha-hydroxy progesterone caproate (17P, a hormone than can help prevent premature delivery for some women who have previously delivered prematurely). Once KV was awarded the patent, the … Continue reading
Yesterday, March 9th, the price of gold was $1,429.74 an ounce. That same day KV Pharmaceuticals announced the drug 17 Alpha-Hydroxy Progesterone Caproate (17P), a hormone that can prevent preterm delivery, will now cost $1500 a shot. One injection of … Continue reading